Pre-K2 through Pre-K4 Early Childhood Education
The underlying instructional strategy in early education throughout preschool is the use of organized and free-play activities that are intended to provide opportunities for the child to interact, explore and relate successfully in his/her environment. We strive to recognize each student as a child of God, capable of growing in his or her own unique way; to provide an atmosphere of love and trust in which the child is free to explore; to instill in each child a sense of self-worth and a love of learning. We offer a challenging curriculum and opportunities for success.
Our PreSchool program uses multi-sensory, hands-on learning approaches to teach fine motor skills, auditory and visual learning, using center time, books, songs, technology, and art. Free play, story time, show and tell, music, crafts, and outdoor play fill the students’ day.
Parents choose Monsignor Slade's PreSchool with confidence, knowing that their children spend their days in a nurturing environment, which also provides an early educational curriculum intended to prepare children for elementary education.
Slade's PreSchool programs can be combined with full-day, year-round childcare. Fee structures vary, depending on the combination of care selected. In all PreSchool classes, well-planned activities enable a child to learn, to share, and to respect the children around them. Each child will begin an educational process which, when nurtured, will enable him or her to grow academically, socially, and faithfully.
Our PreSchool program is licensed by the State of Maryland Department of Education, Early Childhood Development. A child entering our PreSchool must be in compliance with the age requirements of the State of Maryland regarding age of admission.
- Children entering PreSchool must be 2, 3, or 4 years of age on or before September 1st of the current school year, according to Maryland State law. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Children with birthdays of September 2nd or later will be put in the program for younger students.
- A birth certificate and various health forms, as well as other documents, must be submitted before admission to our program.
- There is a $100.00 new student registration fee due prior to admission.
- We are licensed for diapering in the 2 year old program. Children in the 3's and 4's program MUST be potty trained.
- Children not fully potty trained before beginning the 4's program cannot be accommodated.
The PreSchool program runs from the Monday after Labor Day to the Friday before Memorial Day and follows the schedule of Monsignor Slade Catholic School.
Registration is in January of each year for PreSchool programs starting the following September. Current students are given first priority, then children of currently enrolled Slade families. On the last Monday in January any available slots are open to the public. Monsignor Slade's PreSchool and Educare programs are in high demand, due to an outstanding reputation and level of care -- places fill quickly and waiting lists start early. Families are encouraged to inquire about enrolling their child as soon as possible upon the start of the New Year.
PreSchool and EduCare Programs
- A curriculum-based program for children ages two, three, and four.
- Full and part-day programs are available.
- Full day programs are available during the academic year and the summer months. (New students to PreK-2's must enter in the fall.)
- Morning part-day programs are available during the academic year only.
- A program designed for children enrolled in PreK-4 through the 8th grade at Monsignor Slade Catholic School.
- Care is provided before and after the school day, and on days when school is closed, with the exception of stated school holidays.
- The program starts on the first day of school and runs through the last day of school.
- Extended care hours begin at 7:00 a.m.; and end at 6:00 p.m.
- Extended care fees are $395.00/month.
- Care is available during the summer months for Slade children in PreK-4 through the eighth grade, for an additional fee.
- New Year’s Day
- MLK Birthday
- President’s Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- The week of July 4th
- The first week in August
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving & the day after
- Christmas & the day after
- The EduCare center is closed the weeks of July 2nd through July 6th, 2018 & August 6th through August 10th, 2018.
- There are no refunds for emergency closings or early withdrawals.
For more information about Pre-K2, Pre-K3, Pre-K4 or Extended Care, please contact Mrs. Carrie Hilmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-766-7130.